[SOLVED] Polygenic model R-squared

Questions about GenABEL (aka *ABEL) suite of packages
Forum rules
Please remember not to post any sensitive data on this public forum.
The first few posts of newly registered users will be moderated in order to filter out any spammers.

When get a solution to the problem you posted, please change the topic name (e.g. from "how to ..." to "[SOLVED] how to ..."). This will make it easier for the community to follow the posts yet to be attended.
Pistis

[SOLVED] Polygenic model R-squared

Postby Pistis » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:52 pm

Hi,
I would like to compare the differences of Multiple R-squared and Adjusted R-squared between a simple linear regression "lm" and the polygenic model.
Is it possible to estimate the Multiple R-squared and Adjusted R-squared from the polygenic model?

Thank you
Last edited by Pistis on Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yurii
GenABEL developer
GenABEL developer

Re: Polygenic model R-squared

Postby yurii » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:23 pm

I must admit I have no unequivocal answer to this question, and if I provide one, I wonder if you find that useful, see e.g.

http://www.ars.usda.gov/sp2UserFiles/ad ... pplRsq.pdf

for some review of the topic (btw, this is google top hit for relevant question "R-square for mixed models").

Probably good question to ask before going into too much details is why would you need that, what do you want these for? I think we may provide some useful answer if you formulate your setting better -- what do you want to achieve?
Note that (Gen)ABELs are dynamically developing; while this post is intended to provide full information at the time of posting, please read on further posts, if any, as the topic may be updated with novel solutions at a later stage.

best regards,
Yurii

Pistis

Postby Pistis » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:20 pm

Dear Yurii

I would like to compare the variance explained between two different polygenic models, as the difference between their R2 statistic.
Basically I would like to calculate the variation of the R2 statistic when adding new covariates in the polygenic model.

thank you

Nicola Pirastu
GenABEL senior expert
GenABEL senior expert

Postby Nicola Pirastu » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:40 am

I think your task is similar to the one discussed here where they have estimated the difference of variance explained by comparing the two polygenic models.

http://forum.genabel.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=134

I think that if you follow this example you should get what you where looking for.

Hope this helps

Nicola

Pistis

Postby Pistis » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:21 pm

Hi Nicola,

thank you for the link. It is just what I was looking for.

Return to “GenABEL”