use grammar-gamma or grammar-gc

Questions about GenABEL (aka *ABEL) suite of packages
Forum rules
Please remember not to post any sensitive data on this public forum.
The first few posts of newly registered users will be moderated in order to filter out any spammers.

When get a solution to the problem you posted, please change the topic name (e.g. from "how to ..." to "[SOLVED] how to ..."). This will make it easier for the community to follow the posts yet to be attended.
biancaneve

use grammar-gamma or grammar-gc

Postby biancaneve » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:21 am

I wonder whether to use grammar “gamma” or grammar “gc”.
I still do not understand the difference between them.
As suggested by the Package ‘GenABEL’ (February 19, 2015) , I read the papers by Amin N, van Duijn CM, Aulchenko YS. PLoS ONE (for GRAMMAR-GC) and Svischeva G, Axenovich TI, Belonogova NM, van Duijn CM, Aulchenko YS. Nature Genetics. (for GRAMMAR-GAMMA).
However the difference when to use either method was not explained.
I tried both methods on my population,by increasing the values of h2 at each run (starting from h2 = 0.13).
These are my conclusions.
1. The three most significant markers at h2=.13 stay in the list of the top 10 for Pc1df till h2=.9999.
2. The value of Pc1df of each marker is the same using –gamma or –gc, at either h2.
3. In grammar-gc P1df is always less significant than Pc1df (WHY?)
4. In grammar-gamma P1df is always more significant than Pc1df (WHY?)
5. The effect of the minor allele (B effect) is lower in grammar-gc than in grammar-gamma.
6. The effect of the minor allele (B effect) in grammar-gc decreases as far as the value of h2 increases (WHY?)
7. The effect of the minor allele (B effect) in grammar-gamma increases as far as the value of h2 increases (WHY?)
Could anybody tell me if such results should regularly be expected or if I did anything wrong?

Return to “GenABEL”