convert.snp.illumina

Questions about GenABEL (aka *ABEL) suite of packages
Forum rules
Please remember not to post any sensitive data on this public forum.
The first few posts of newly registered users will be moderated in order to filter out any spammers.

When get a solution to the problem you posted, please change the topic name (e.g. from "how to ..." to "[SOLVED] how to ..."). This will make it easier for the community to follow the posts yet to be attended.
viniciusjunqueira

convert.snp.illumina

Postby viniciusjunqueira » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:49 pm

Hi all,

I created a text file as defined in Appendix A of GenABEL manual, but I keep getting the message

Reading genotypes from file './genotype_illumina.txt' ...
Error in convert.snp.illumina(inf = "./genotype_illumina.txt", out = "./gen0i.raw", :
illegal genotype (three alleles) for SNP 'NC0199888' (line 2)!

Bellow the first three rows of my file

name chr pos strand RADA017 RAFU002 RAFA001
NC0199888 1 100 u AA AA AA
NC0200507 1 100 u AA AA AA
NM0325430 1 800 u BB AA BB

I checked many times if exists some genotyped with three alleles and it not exists.

Suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

lckarssen
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: convert.snp.illumina

Postby lckarssen » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:36 pm

Did you be any chance create the file on Windows and use it on Linux, or the other way around? This could be the result of the different ways Linux and Windows encode the "end-of-line" character.
If you created the file on Windows and now run on Linux, please use the 'dos2unix' tool to convert the file. In the alternative case, please use "unix2dos'.

Oh, and by the way, the first two markers have the same chromosome and position...
-------
Lennart Karssen
PolyOmica
The Netherlands
-------

Return to “GenABEL”